Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Year Has Gone...

Where do I even begin? I don't think I can even put into words the emotions I am feeling at all. All at once I am so happy and yet I am overwhelemed with sadness that my baby is turning 1 and isn't really a baby anymore! The past year has been the best ever and I have the most wonderful memories. I can't wait to make more with her but I can't help but miss when she tiny and new and loved to be cuddled and held. Now she's miss independent with her own agenda and if I don't like it then oh well. HaHa! She cuddled with me Tuesday night for the first time in a long time. I'm talking a WHOPPING 30 to 40 minutes! She snuggled and watched the news with me...I almost cryed as I realize time goes by too fast and those are the moments we need to slow and catch while it is still possible to do so! I have found my new all time favorite song lately...'In My Daughter's Eyes' by Martina McBride. It just about sums up how a mother feels for her daughter and sees life with her. I know I wouldn't trade anything from the past year for anything in the world. Even the pain...yes the pain...well maybe a little of that but that's about it. I know I am blessed with a wonderful and beautiful daughter who is truly extroidonary! I love watching her discover new things...sitting alone, crawling, walking, talking, etc. Now if only her teeth would come through...4 are trying to come through and 1 just has poked through...talk about a miserable child...not too bad though but pretty whiney sometimes! But somehow I love her still...her birthday is Saturday and quite frankly I am dreading the day when my baby isn't a baby anymore and is officially a "toddler." Haha! But she will ALWAYS by MY baby no matter how old she gets!

1 comment:

  1. Jessie, You are truly blessed. I don't think I know of one mother who doesn't feel your exact pain. The most sad thing is tomorrow she will be driving, and the following week....a mom herself. You are wise to hold on to every memory, for they are like bubbles in the wind - moving on to be no more. You are a good mom and I am so very proud of you!
    LOVE
    AC
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete